In brief about Geographical Information Systems in Västerbotten
- Approximately 80 percent of all information today has a geographical link. The usefulness of GIS technology is boundless.
- One of the strongest industrial Geographical Information Systems clusters in Europe and Sweden is found in the middle of Västerbotten.
- Innovative Geographical Information Systems (IGIS) is an economic association, a cluster and anembryonic innovation system within the areas of geographical information and GIS technology located in Västerbotten.
- IGIS consists of 25 member companies, 50 % of which are core GIS-companies.
- Luleå University of Technology offers course packages in GIS, since 2011.
Please follow the link to read a presentation of GIS in Västerbotten, northern Sweden.
GIS in northern Sweden (PDF)